Autopilot includes the following functionality and features:
- Summon: Moves your car in and out of a tight space using the mobile app or key
- Smart Summon: Your car will navigate more complex environments and parking spaces, maneuvering around objects as necessary to come to find you in a parking lot
- Navigate on Autopilot: Actively guides your car from a highway’s on-ramp to off-ramp, including suggesting lane changes, navigating interchanges, automatically engaging the turn signal, and taking the correct exit
- Auto Lane Change: Assists in moving to an adjacent lane on the highway when Autosteer is engaged
- Autopark: Helps automatically parallel or perpendicular park your car, with a single touch
- Automatic Emergency Braking - Detects cars or obstacles that the car may impact and applies the brakes accordingly
- Forward Collision Warning - Warns of impending collisions with slower-moving or stationary cars
- Side Collision Warning - Warns of potential collisions with obstacles alongside the car
- Obstacle-Aware Acceleration - Automatically reduces acceleration when an obstacle is detected in front of your car while driving at low speeds
- Blind Spot Monitoring - Warns when a car or obstacle is detected when changing lanes
- Lane Departure Avoidance - Applies corrective steering to keep your car in the intended lane
- Emergency Lane Departure Avoidance - Steers your car back into the driving lane when it detects that your car is departing its lane and there could be a collision
Model Y provides maximum versatility—able to carry 7 passengers and their cargo. Each second-row seat folds flat independently, creating flexible storage for skis, furniture, luggage, and more. The liftgate opens to a low trunk floor that makes loading and unloading easy and quick.
With an elevated seating position and low dash, the driver has a commanding view of the road ahead. The interior of Model Y is simple and clean, with a 15-inch touch screen, an immersive sound system, and an expansive all-glass roof that creates extra headroom and provides a seamless view of the sky.
Tesla Model Y is a stylish crossover that combines sportiness and utility in one package. Its versatility is among the best in the class, and its superb packaging stands out in a crowded segment.
Model Y has a lot of smart features that distinguish it from other SUVs on the road. It comes with eight surround cameras that provide a 360-degree view around the vehicle, and although these are mostly used for Autopilot, the cameras also work with Sentry mode, which automatically records video when the car senses a loud noise or movement. Smart Summon is also available on the Model Y, which allows the crossover to navigate around parking spaces and driveways to meet the driver at his or her location.